Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tudor Book Challenge & Medevial Challenge.

These are my last challenges. Scout's honor.

A Tournament of Reading, Hosted By Chikune.


I basically loved the medevial ages when I was younger. I remember checking out ancient tomes on knights, covering everything from what they wore to when they were woken up in the morning, how they took their tea, you know the usual. Eventually I ran out of medevial books and ran into Tamora Pierce, who held my attention and my love for medevial-like worlds. But I would like to get back into reading from that era because my love has never been shaken. I'm going to go for peasant but may end up reaching higher.

1. Eleanor of Aquitaine by Alison Weir
2. Queen Isabella by Alison Weir
3. The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
4. The Mabinogion

The Tudor Book Challenge, Hosted by Benedictionary.


Another time period I love and loved as a younger girl. I was obsessed with king Henry VII when I was in elementary school, don't ask me why. I recently started to watch The Tudors with my mom. All I can say is... actually I can't say that. I'll try to keep it PG here. Wowza. I'm going for the Noblewoman status.

  • You may read your books in any format – e-books, audio books, electronic reader books, and printed books are acceptable.
  • You are welcome to use the books you read for the Tudor Book Challenge in other challenges (where applicable).
  • Books can be fiction or non-fiction, but they must be about or inspired by Tudor England. If you do not know much about the Tudor dynasty, that’s okay. That’s part of what this challenge is about. If you’re lost, try the Tudor Book Resource for some Tudor book suggestions. You can find even more Tudor book suggestions here.
  • You are not required to post a list of the books you intend to read. You may choose them as you go.
  • Bloggers and non-bloggers alike are welcome to participate in the challenge. If you do not have a blog, you will need to review the books you’ve read on some book-related website: i.e. GoodReads, Amazon, Borders, etc. and send in the links (via comments) to be eligible for the prizes. I need to be able to verify that these books were read by you.


1. Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir
2. The Lady Elizabeth by Alison Weir
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.


Lots of Alison Weir. She's the only author I know, besides Phillipa Gregory, and well I don't want to repeat The Other Boleyn Girl fiasco. If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails